Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Hozier

[0104] [22 Picture]

Am 17. März 1990 wird Andrew Hozier-Byrne im irischen Bray geboren. 24 Jahre und ein paar Wochen später bringt er sein erstes Album unter dem Namen Hozier heraus. Das Album erscheint ebenfalls unter dem Titel Hozier. Bereits 2013 bringt er die EP Take Me To Church heraus und wird damit quasi über Nacht berühmt. Das ursprünglich 13 Titel umfassende Album wächst bis 2017 bedingt durch weitere zusätzliche Veröffentlichungen bei mir auf 22 Titel an. 2019, vor zwei Tagen, um genau zu sein, gesellt sich sein zweites Album Wasteland, Baby! hinzu. Durch die vorab veröffentlichte EP Nina Cried Power ist das ursprünglich 14 Titel umfassende Album bereits auf 16 Titel angewachsen.

(Next: Bruce Springsteen @0106)


Ich weiß nicht, was es ist mit den Iren und der Musik..aber sie haben es mir definitiv angetan: Mike Oldfield, Sinead O'Connor, Kodaline, Enya, U2, Clannad und natürlich Hozier. Wird ein Ire dann auch noch, wie ich selbst, unter dem Sternzeichen der Fische, dem sensibelsten aller Sternzeichen, geboren, dann ist ja schon fast eine Seelenverwandtschaft zu verspüren. Definitiv ist Hozier nicht nur ein hervorragender Sänger, er ist auch ein ...nun..nicht unbedingt schöner...aber doch ein interessanter Mann. Es gibt auch ein Bild von ihm mit kurzen Haaren. Da könnte man sich beinahe in ihn verlieben:


Aber genug Schwärmerei über einen Mann, der leicht mein Sohn sein könnte. Hier also seine 38 Titel, die ich gesammelt habe:

2014-Hozier


01 Take Me To Church………4:01

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

If I'm a pagan of the good times
My lover's the sunlight
To keep the Goddess on my side
She demands a sacrifice
Drain the whole sea
Get something shiny

Something meaty for the main course
That's a fine-looking high horse
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful

That looks tasty
That looks plenty
This is hungry work
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

I'll tell you my sins, so you can sharpen your knife
Offer me my deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins, so you can sharpen your knife
Offer me my deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

No masters or kings when the ritual begins
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin
In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
Only then I am human
Only then I am clean
Oh, oh, amen, amen, amen

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

02 Angel Of Small Death & The Codeine Scene………3:39
03 Jackie And Wilson………3:43



04 Someone New………3:43



05 To Be Alone………5:23
06 From Eden………4:43



07 In A Week [feat. Karen Cowley]………5:18
08 Sedated………3:28



09 Work Song………3:49



10 Like Real People Do………3:18
11 It Will Come Back………4:37
12 Foreigner's God………3:45
13 Cherry Wine………4:00



14 In The Woods Somewhere………5:31



15 Run………4:15
16 Arsonist's Lullabye………4:27
17 My Love Will Never Die………3:55
18 Do I Wanna Know?………4:18



Have you got colour in your cheeks?
Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift
The type that sticks around like something in your teeth?
Are there some aces up your sleeve?
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat
Until I fall asleep
Spilling drinks on my settee

(Do I wanna know)
If this feeling flows both ways?
(Sad to see you go)
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

Crawling back to you



Ever thought of calling when you've had a few?
'Cause I always do
Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I've thought it through

(Do I wanna know?)
If this feeling flows both ways?
(Sad to see you go)
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

Crawling back to you (crawling back to you)

Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? (you've had a few)
'Cause I always do ('cause I always do)
Maybe I'm too (maybe I'm too busy) busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I've thought it through

Crawling back to you

Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? (you've had a few)
'Cause I always do ('cause I always do)
Maybe I'm too (maybe I'm too busy) busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I've thought it through

Crawling back to you

Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? (you've had a few)
'Cause I always do


19 Problem / Regulate………3:34
20 Lay Me Down………3:36



21 Better Love (The Legend of Tarzan)………3:13

I once kneeled in shaking thrill
I chase the memory of it still, of every chill.
Chided by that silence of a hush sublime.
Blind to the purpose of the brute divine,
but you were mine.
Staring in the blackness at some distant star.
The thrill of knowing how alone we are, unknown we are.
To the world and to the both of us,
I confessed the longing I was dreaming of.

Some better love, but there's no better love.
Beckons above me and there's no better love.
That ever has loved me, there's no better love.
Darling, feel better love.
Feel better love.And I've never loved the darker blue,
than the darkness I have known in you, honed from you.
You, whose heart would sing of anarchy.
You would laugh at meanings, guarantees, so beautifully.
When our truth is burned from history,
by those who figured justice in fond memory, witness me.
Like fire weeping from a cedar tree,
know that my love would burn with me.
We'll live eternally.

Cause there's no better love.
That beckons above me, there's no better love.
That ever has loved me, there's no better love.
So darling, feel better love.
Cause there's no better love.
That's laid beside me, there's no better love.
That justifies me, there's no better love.
So darling, darling, feel better love.
Feel better love.

Feel better love
Feel better love
Feel better love

Cause there's no better love.
That beckons above me, there's no better love.
That ever has loved me, there's no better love.
So darling, feel better love.
Cause there's no better love.
That's laid beside me, there's no better love.
That justifies me, there's no better love.
So darling, darling, feel better love.
Feel better love.


22 Whole Lotta Love………3:07


2019-Wasteland, Baby!



23 Nina Cried Power [feat. Mavis Staples]………3:45

It's not the waking, it's the rising
It is the grounding of a foot uncompromising
It's not forgoing of the lie
It's not the opening of eyes
It's not the waking, it's the rising
It's not the shade, we should be past it
It's the light, and it's the obstacle that casts it
It's the heat that drives the light
It's the fire it ignites
It's not the waking, it's the rising
It's not the song, it is the singing
It's the heaven of a human spirit ringing
It is the bringing of the line
It is the bearing of the rhyme
It's not the waking, it's the rising

And I could cry power (Power), power (Power)
Power, Lord
Nina cried power
Billie cried power
Mavis cried power
And I could cry (Power) power, (Power) power
Hey, power
Curtis cried power
Patti cried power
Nina cried power

It's not the wall, but what's behind it
Oh, the fear of fellow man, it's mere assignment
And everything that we're denied
By keeping the divide
It's not the waking, it's the rising

And I could cry power (Power), power (Power)
Oh, power
Nina cried power
Lennon cried power
James Brown cried power
And I could cry (Power) power, (Power) power
Hey, power
B.B. cried power
Joni cried power
Nina cried power

And I could cry power
Power has been cried by those stronger than me
Straight into the face that tells you to
Rattle your chains if you love being free

But I could cry power (Power)
'Cause power is my love when my love reaches to me
James Brown cried power
Seeger cried power
Marvin cried power
Yeah ah, power
James cried power
Lennon cried power
Patti cried power
Billie, power
Dylan, power
Woody, power
Nina cried power


24 NFWMB………4:19



25 Moment's Silence (Common Tongue)………4:15
26 Shrike………5:01



27 Almost (Sweet Music)………3:38



28 Movement………3:58



29 Dinner & Diatribes………3:44

Honey, this club here is stuck up
Dinner and diatribes
I knew well from our first look of
The look of mischief in your eyes
Your friends are a fate that befell me
Hell is the talking type
I'd suffer Hell if you’d tell me
What you'd do to me tonight

Tell me
Tell me
Tell me, ah

That's the kind of love
I’ve been dreaming of
That's the kind of love
I've been dreaming of

Honey, I laugh when it sinks in
A pillar I am, upright
Scarcely can speak for my thinking
What you'd do to me tonight
Now that the evening is slowing
Now that the end's in sight
Honey, it's easier knowing what you'd do to me tonight

Tell me
Tell me
Tell your man

That's the kind of love
I’ve been dreaming of
That’s the kind of love
I've been dreaming of

(That’s the kind of love
That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love)
Oh, let there be hotel complaints and grievances raised
And that kind of love
(That’s the kind of love
That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love)
Oh, let there be damage ensued and tabloid news
And that kind of love
(That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love
That's the kind of love)
That's the kind of love
I've been dreaming of
Ah, oh-oh-oh, ah

That's the kind of love
I've been dreaming of
And that's the kind of love
I've been dreaming of


30 No Plan………5:31
31 Nobody………3:31
32 To Noise Making (Sing)………3:27
33 As It Was………3:28
34 Talk………3:27
35 Be………4:49
36 Would That I………4:28
37 Sunlight………4:17
38 Wasteland, Baby!………4:27


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

[1296] Frühling in Schottland (9)

[1297] A Walk In The Park

[1281] Nürnberg (7)

[1282] Alessandro

[1000] Jubilee (2)

[1233] Norway (3)

[1003] Jubilee (5)

[1001] Jubilee (3)

[0999] Jubilee (1)

[1256] Faces in the Snow (10)